Pages

Monday 12 June 2017

Charlotte Tilbury Kidman's Kiss Lipstick | Worth The Splurge?









If you have followed my blog for a while now, you will know I am absolutely in love with Charlotte Tilbury lipsticks. 

I've raved about how brilliant they are for a pretty long time now, but the price tag? Not so brilliant. Just one of these lipsticks would set you back £24.00. That's an awful lot of money for just one lipstick, when I could happily spend £5 on a decent drugstore lipstick that gives the same sort of effect. 

The shade I've been loving recently is called Kidman's Kiss, it's been my go to throughout May when I want a pop of colour on my lips that isn't too drastic or in your face. 

Kidman's Kiss, which is named after the gorgeous Nicole Kidman, is described as being a "rose petal pink matte lipstick", anything that's named rose petal pink instantly draws me in, I'm a sucker for pretty pink products! It's the most perfect shade of pink for my skin tone, I find it quite tricky wearing pale pinks as my skin tone kind of makes it seem as if I've just slapped a load of foundation on my lips.. not really the look I'm going for. However this shade being a touch darker than my usual pink lipsticks instantly stops that and complements it well. What's also pretty fab is that Charlotte Tilbury doesn't just show product photos on her website, but also has an array of images of girls with different skin tones, all wearing the same shade of lipstick. How handy is that? 

Just to look at, I am completely obsessed with the lipstick, the rose gold packaging, the pretty detailing on the stick itself, it's so effortlessly beautiful - you wouldn't believe how long it's taken me to ruin the 'perfection' of it. Even the shape of the lipstick makes it so much easier to apply than any other brand I own, with the sharp edges I find no need to use a lipliner, of course the option is still there, but I haven't found the need to. 

Is it really worth the splurge?!
Honestly, yes. The quality is like nothing else I've ever tried, being a matte lipstick you would assume that it would be drying, it's really, really not. Quite the opposite in fact, it applies so smoothly, doesn't drag at all, and is super creamy. If you can look past the price tag, and focus on the incredible quality, and beauty of it, I would 100% recommend the splurge. Or if anything else, it looks gorgeous on your dressing table!


Soph xo
Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade




14 comments:

  1. This is such a beautiful shade!


    xo, Liz
    http://lipstickandconfetti.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. its so pretty isn't it! x

      Delete
    2. Hi everyone I'm Mrs. ALEKSI TAISIYA, My husband divorced me 2 years ago to live with another woman and I have tried to have him back but I could not, so I tried to do many things to get him back and he refuse to come back. One faithful Friday morning, I visit a forum for tips on how to get your ex back, and there I saw a lady testifying on how Dr.AKHERE helped her to get her husband back after he was tied down with a spell by another woman. Although I never believed in spiritual work I reluctantly tried him because I was desperate and I contact him and explain my problems to him, to my greatest surprise Dr.AKHERE helped me to bring back my husband after 5days and now my relationship is more perfect just as he promised. Getting your ex back permanently does not only bring back someone you love but it will also re-unite your lovers' feelings. My husband now treats me like a Queen and always says he loves me all the time. If you are passing through difficulties in your relationship, Doctor AKHERE can help solve marital problems, restore broken relationships, and do some other things. I can assure you he's highly potent and reliable. Email him for urgent help [AKHERETEMPLE@gmail.com ] or +2349057261346 .

      Delete
  2. this shade is so so beautiful xx

    cristynottingham.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like such a beautiful shade, deffo on my list to try!

    -Nicole xx
    Lipsticks and Louboutins 

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this shade, can't wait to try it

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is such a lovely shade, I neeeed to try a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick!

    emjbarker.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you definitely do!! they're the best I've used x

      Delete
  6. This shade looks soo dreamy and I'm still dying to try out a Charlotte Tilbury lipstick - I was honestly super close to buying one this month, but I just can't justify the £24 price tag, especially when I hardly ever wear any of my lipsticks that I do already own.. Hopefully one day I will purchase one of the CT lipsticks xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you really really really do! Just do it - the guilt will instantly hit you but once you use it you'll forget all about the price! xx

      Delete
  7. I totally agree, I don't have this shade but I have 2 other shades in the Hot Lips collection and I just love them. Plus they feel so luxurious to me.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme