Pages

Tuesday 21 October 2014

Being Happy



Recent events have really put things into perspective. 

something I never thought I'd say, I'm the type of person who is always happy go lucky, never affected by things, just keeps going, and has the "shit happens" attitude. However, I've actually been quite unhappy recently, for the first time in ages I've let things get me down, and I honestly am quite glad. I've been rushed off my feet, had an awful cold, trooping on at work, dealing with the stress (if any) at work, coming home to an awful atmosphere, so I just sat and cried. I can honestly say I am glad.

Being 'sad' every once in a while is actually ok, something I'd never realised until now. It puts things into perspective. Makes you realise the good in things, how good life can be, and the importance of happiness.

My job, which involves caring for children, was a good opportunity for me to think about my own life, let me explain.. I sat for a while and just watched the children play, the way they laughed and smiled. They were engaged in their own enjoyment and that was something which  caught my attention. We all think children's lives are stress free, "what I'd do to be a child, it's a hard life being two!!" We joke. When in fact, from a child's point of view, they do have worries, stress, fears, and bad days. We all have good days, sometimes bad, but children just get on with it, they fall down, they get right back up. Which is the attitude I needed, I have a shit day, I reflect on it, and get right back up with a smile the next day.

Being happy to me is now something I don't take for granted. 
It's ok to be sad sometimes. 
I'm not sure why I'm telling you this.. I just don't want you to forget I guess..

Sophxo






















2 comments:

  1. Hey Soph! It's ok to be sad sometimes, everyone has those kind of days. I hope you're alright and all smiley again! :)

    I nominated you for the Liebster award if you don't mind, I hope we could get to know each other a little better :) x
    http://dominosdiary.blogspot.ch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats lovely thankyou! I'll get to it as soon as I can xx

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme