Pages

Thursday 20 August 2015

Topshop Rio Rio Lipstick | Review

 
If you read my previous post Drugstore Makeup Haul, you would've seen how excited I was to try out my new Topshop lippy in the shade Rio Rio. I've finally had the chance to try it out and I wasn't disappointed!
 
 
 
Seriously though how beautiful is this lipstick?! I think I'm in love..
 
 
Topshop's range of makeup is just brilliant, isn't it? Its all such amazing quality, so I wasn't expecting to be disappointed by the Rio Rio lipstick. Firstly, lets discuss the packaging, oh my its just so effing beautiful, the colours, the box, all of which make the lipstick look so expensive. I adore the rose gold detailing, and the colour, oh my goodness the colour. On a quick first glace I would say its a bright red, but when applying and looking closely I would say it's more of an orange toned red, which for me is perfect, I'm not quite brave enough to wear a bright orange lipstick, so this is the perfect in between! I'm very much so your red lip kinda gal!
 
Upon purchasing it, I was a little worried that because it's matte, it would be super drying, however I couldn't have been more wrong - It has a super creamy formula and feels very soft when applying it, I'm not sure why but I much prefer matte lipsticks to glossy, I find they look more flattering on me, and in my little head something makes me think they're less likely to smudge? No idea why haha!
When I wear it, I very rarely pair it with a lip liner, purely because you really don't need to, it doesn't smudge or bleed, I only ever really wear lip liner with it if I'm going out and I want it to look more defined, or last that little bit longer. Although, the staying power in general is brill, it stays put for hours, and even when it does eventually begin fading it looks as if you're wearing a lip stain, it's still very pretty.
 


 
 
 
 
 
*The above photos were taken just after purchase*
 
 
 
Overall, I'm really impressed, with the lipstick, and Topshop's makeup range In general, for the price, £8.00, you're getting great value for money, and I would highly recommend trying it for yourself!
You can find Topshop's Rio Rio lipstick here.
 
 
 
Have you tried Topshop's lipsticks? If you have, which ones would you recommend?
 
 
Sophxo
 
 
Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade
Instagram - soph_cullen
 
 
 
 
All items in this post were paid for by myself, and all opinions are my own, because telling lies just isn't cool.


23 comments:

  1. This colour looks amazing, I don't own a red lipstick, I'll have to try this one out! I do own one of the TopShop Lip Bullet's in a beautiful berry colour which I wear all the time throughout Autumn! I'm definitely going to check this one out! :)
    - Molly x

    molly-ap.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so pretty! I have a Rimmel one in a berry colour, love them! Xoxo

      Delete
  2. I always forget about going to Topshop for make up
    i am going to go check my local one out now for some new lipsticks :)
    Eilidh x
    http://beingeilidhblogspot.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's only until I'm in there looking for clothes that I buy some of the makeup! And this one in particular is so pretty xo

      Delete
  3. I've only ever bought one lipstick from Topshop, I think it was called Whimsical, it was a pinkish, nude shade. I loved the colour, but it chapped my lips and was very drying, making them look super cracked. Idk if it was just that specific lipstick, but from your review it seems like it was! I've been meaning to try another lipstick from Topshop, so I'll definitely check this one out!

    Lots of love,
    Marshmallow Skye
    xoxo

    http://marshmallowskies28.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! :( that happens to me sometimes, I've had a problem with one of my kate moss lipsticks before, (the matte ones) I found it was really drying but for everyone else it was fine! Very strange, don't be put off though! This one is amazing xo

      Delete
  4. Oh that colour - I want it now!! £8 is such a bargain price too, I feel a trip to Topshop coming on... x

    Laura | Loved By Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it! If you get it let me know how you get on with it!! Xox

      Delete
  5. This lipstick looks so pigmented, and I love the packaging! I haven't tried anything from Toyshop's make-up range, although I'm always looking at it when I go in store - need recommendations.

    - www.veebzboo.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So pretty isn't it, I'm exactly the same, I've only ever tried 1 other topshop lipstick so going to the shop and seeing them all was a bit daunting! But they're all such brilliant quality, so I went with what I thought would suit me best xo

      Delete
  6. this is such a lovely colour, are topshop lipsticks good? i really want to try one:-)xx

    emjbarker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're amazing! I forget topshop do makeup, so I've missed out for a loooong time! Xo

      Delete
  7. Ahh, I've not tried any Topshop beauty. Being a plus-size gal, I don't really go in store and rarely look on their website. I've been eyeing some of the range up on Feel Unique though, I'm dying to try it out.

    Barbie Sparkles | Beauty, +SizeFashion and Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rarely go in store either, so I forget they do makeup! But it's such good quality for the price, I need to buy more! Xxx

      Delete
  8. Really really nice this lipstick! I'm sure that gonna suit you rally well :P

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love a good matte red lip and the pigmentation of this looks amazing! I'm yet to try any of the Topshop lipsticks but this looks so up my street. Thanks for sharing :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too!!
      Oh you need to! They're amazing for the price!! Xoxo

      Delete
  10. This looks so nice! I might have to get this because I have Mac Ruby Woo but it's waaaaayy too drying for my lips :(
    Abiee xx
    http://www.abieelucas.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have to!!
      Aw no:( I was eyeing up ruby woo, is it not that great?!
      Xxx

      Delete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme