Pages

Tuesday 23 January 2018

Life Update & Changes For 2018.


iya!
Its been far too long since I've sat down and put together a blog post that doesn't involve Instagram or products in any way, so here we are, a little life update for you.


ALFIE. 
All is well with Alf at the moment, he's 6 months old tomorrow which is crazy?! Half a year already which has gone by so quickly. He's cut his first two teeth already and is trying to crawl but isn't quite strong enough just yet.. We're having a few late nights and early mornings because of the old teeth situ, which I'm not enjoying, but hes fab besides that. He starts nursery on the 14th of Feb, hes doing 2 mornings a week to get him started, I wanted him to have that kind of interaction early on so joining nursery when hes say, 3 years old, wouldn't be so daunting. Life as a mum in general is going pretty well too, although it really is hard work. I had a moment this morning where I was so stressed that I just cried, there's nothing worse than feeling shite yourself with a crying child on your hip, & I won't sugar coat how lovely parenting is because I see that SO much, it just gives incorrect expectations. Don't get me wrong Alf is brilliant and I wouldn't change him for the world, and parenting can be lovely, but believe it or not everyone else is experiencing the sleepless nights too (at some point!), the stress, and the same old shitty nappies, even if they don't post about it on social media, I however, am trying to not just post the 'omg Alf was SO good today' posts, because I know if I saw that I'd be cussing the mum who has such a perfect life, when it's not perfect at all.


CHANGES.
A fair few things will be changing for me this year and I won't lie, I'm absolutely terrified. I hate change, I like having a routine and when that changes it fills me with so much anxiety. I've had the same job for coming up 6 years now, I've worked in childcare since I left college in early 2013, I'm used to looking after 47 (at max) children at a time, some days I'd be a 1:1 for a child that was deaf, but the majority of the time I'd be with the other 47. It was my entire life for such a long time, I loved the job and people I worked with, but I've recently had an update meeting and decided that it's my time to move on. I'm so sad about it but I'm trying to look at the positives, I'll be joining Alfie's nursery, so I'll still get to see him when I'm at work, & I do get a discount too so that's handy haha! Ill be working 3 full days a week 8-6.30, lord knows how I'm going to do that. 


GOALS.
I've never been one to make resolutions because I'm just shite at keeping them, I think if you're going to change an aspect of your life do it whenever? If you need to wait until New Year to do it it's obviously something you don't really have the motivation for. Anyway, I've set a few goals I'm aiming for this year;

- To progress in my job, not just settle because it's the easy option, to push myself a little more. 

- Step out of my comfort zone, do things I wouldn't normally. Things that frighten me, make me feel anxious. 

- Raise Alf to be a polite, well mannered little chap.

- Be myself a little more in blog posts, which I've done in this one, I'm such a sarcastic sweary person (in the best way if there is a best way) and I want to bring that out a bit more, yknow, make my posts more personal.

- Stick to weekly Youtube uploads, I'm doing pretty well so far!

- Stop using my phone as much and live in the moment. I turned my phone off recently whilst I was at home just chilling, and it made me realise how often I reach for it without even noticing I'mm doing it. Id forget that i'd turned it off and I was like "oh yeah..."

- Put myself first and be more honest. I'm the worst for not saying how I feel, or if someone is getting on my tits I just go along with it and let them do it. Ive already cracked this one, if I see something I don't like I'm actually brave enough to come out and say it. & I feel SO much better for it.



I hope you've all had a lovely start to 2018, fear not pay day isn't too far away now, I'm honestly holding on for dear life haha!

Soph xo   

Follow me on;
Bloglovin - Sophie Jade
Instagram - sophcullen

1 comment:

  1. Lovely little update post Soph, I've been wondering where you've been whilst also understanding that you're a mum so you're constantly rushed off your feet! I hope the new job goes well for you and I seriously need to catch up on your YouTube videos - I need to find the time!xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme